Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Bicycle, Bicycle

We had our first Flash assignment today. We had to make a simple bicycle race with three bikes. This involved a new Flash aspect that we had just learned: movie inside of a movie. To create it first I had to make the bike wheels a movie clip and then I had to make them a movie clip again. Through motion tween I made them turn clockwise and then ta-da the wheels turned. Next I drew a simple bike that fit the wheels and made the bike move across the screen. After creating two more bikes in the background I had completed the assignment.

What I found interesting about this is that it's not as hard as it looks and it's fun to see your creation after you're done. The bicycles really do look as if they are riding across the screen racing each other. Some other people in class had managed to add some other effects such as flames on one bike or another had their bike acclerate in the middle of the race. I went and asked them how they did it so that I could try it out the next assignment.

Overall what interested me the most about this lesson is how to put together all of the small effects in Flash that we have done so far to create a simple animation movie. Keep in touch for the next blogger blog!

No comments: