Friday, February 8, 2008

Another Day. . .

Today I learned about many different networks such as the LAN and WAN. LAN stands for local area network and it is the type of network I have at school. But our school can also be said to be a WAN because of its ability to connect to any computer system in the Hamilton-Wentworth Catholic District School Board. I also learned about the different ways of connecting computers to the main server. Some ways are more effective than others but may not be as inexpensive.

So far I am enjoying this class and I am anxious to see some more examples of what we will be doing in the future. My interest in computers has grown tremendously over the past week and I am know looking for any career oppurtunities that may interest me. Hopefully I will discover one that will spark my interest and help me make my decision to what courses to choose for grade eleven.

No comments: