Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Network Test

Today was a very exciting and eventful day. The first thing I had was a network test. I had thought that I was well prepared for it but there was one question worth 16 marks that I had forgotton to review. Since the hardware component of the computer is not my strong point I did not have a clue to what I should put down. So I went to the other questions and then came back to that same one and wrote down what I had remembered. If I had had a couple minutes more I believe that I would have been able to remember the answer. Therefore I do not think that I did as well as I could have but I will make sure to bring up my mark on the next test or assignment.

Also today we were introduced to a new topic that we would be spending most of the rest of the year on. This topic is a program called Flash and from today I understand that it can be used to create games. The first thing we did today was get a small taste of what this program can do. We were shown step by step how to create a shape and then manipulate it to whatever you want. We have not learned how to make a short movie since we are still playing around with the shapes and the different options.

Yesterday we were allowed to view a site that had many examples of Flash games. During this period I had had the pleasure of disecting a frog, squid and putting together the remains of a vole all on a Flash website. I had also played many simple but fun Flash games. My teacher also showed us some of his own Flash examples. By the end of this course I want to be able to create a simple game using Flash. I will surely amaze my friends and family because like me they had never thought that a program like this would be available at a high school level.

I believe that flash will be a new and exciting thing to do since we will be able to do more hands on stuff. I am very artistic and I especially like playing around with photos and drawing programs on the computer. Yesterday when I had looked at some of the examples of Flash I had thought that I would never be able to do that in a thousand years but after today I now belive that with a lot of hard work and patience I too can create a game like that ones I saw. I am very excited about the next couple of days since we will be discovering more things that Flash can do.

No comments: