Wednesday, February 27, 2008

My Gumball Creation!

I forgot to save my updated gumball machine on my USB drive and so I was unable to post it on this blog. But you will be as happy as I am right now that I received a 50/50 on the assignment! Looking at first class I saw that only three people received a perfect mark and two of them were girls. I am surprised to see that the girls are excelling in this course because I was expecting the boys have a quicker and better grasp on the technology field, but I guess not.

Today we were introduced to our large and final assignment I believe for this unit. Our task is to create something that resembles a web page about our family. Our class time was spent looking at some student examples and we got another small review on some new concepts and also learned some brand new ones. One of these new concepts was how to copy a scene without having to copy and paste each and every object on that page.

Before we even started as the teacher was explaining the task my brain was working overtime. It was already planning out the layouts of the scenes, the buttons and other artistic aspects of the page. This is only thing that I really enjoy about this course and program is that I am able to combine my knowledge of the program with my passion and talent in the visual art field.

After the short lesson and some quick example we were given the rest of the period to start our family web pages. I kept making the same mistake over and over again: copying the scenes without programming the buttons and objects that I wanted to appear on other scenes. I quickly fixed the problem and started an introduction. The introduction on this assignment as well as the overall assignment must be better than my previous task because it is worth more and it is out of 100 possible marks.

Keep posted because on my next post I will try and include and example of my gumball machine and as usually more information about my exciting experiences and new discoveries in computer science class.

No comments: