Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Autobiography

Yes, I finally was introduce to the autobiography assignment. This assignment will be different from the Flash family assignment because first of all it's on a different program and secondly this one is going to be all about me and not my family.

After some quick reviews of some newer and some forgotten concepts we were given the rest of the class to start an assignment. We had learned how to put a background on the form and so that was the first thing that I went searching for. The one I decided upon was a windows media player background because I love music and so I'm going to base some other objects on the form on that aspect of myself.

The thing with backgrounds is that you have to convert it to a wmf. file and what this does is puts it into a type of picture file that Visual Basics can read. The disadvantages of this is that it distorts the image and it isn't in its highest quality. I though that this was only because the file was so big but then I realized that it happens to all of the pictures.

That day we I went home I found pictures of the new Ipod touch and Iphone and decided that one of these images will display the information about me and the other will display the pictures. I also found some more recent pictures of myself that I could use in this assignment.

I am really excited about seeing how this program will look when it is finished. I know that to some people this must seem like baby work but I am really enjoying it. I really would like to learn more about it so that I could be able to produce more sophisticated looking programs with more controls.

That's all for now folks!

No comments: