Saturday, March 29, 2008

Shrink/Grow? Grow/Shrink?

Yesterday we had to remake Mr. Chirelli's circle program of a growing/shrinking program. It was the same program that he showed us and we were taught how to do when we were learning about scrollbars.

I was also taught another new concept that I didn't know was possibly in Visual Basics: menus. I had never known and never would have guessed that Visual Basics could make actually computer programs such as WordPad. This was a fairly easy concept and I had no trouble with it at all.

The circle assignment: at first I thought that okay, I knew how to do this but then I realized that I had forgotten the codes for practically everything. It seemed that no one around me remembered either. So I decided just to start putting everthing that I needed on the form and slowly but surely everything started to come back to me. I applied what I had just learned yesterday about menus and before I knew it I was done.

The only thing that I had problems doing with this assignment is making the starting background white and making sure that 'white' in the background menu was locked. Emily and I put our heads together and we both figured it out. Another error that kept coming up was that when you played the program one of the radio buttons was already selected. After a few minutes I also solved this problem.

I believe that we are going to be introduced to our Autobiography assignment in this unit soon because we have been shown past examples of the assignment. I did not keep any of the photos from the last assignment I did about my family because they were taking up too much same. So I will have to search around the house for some baby pictures of me and scan them at school.

No comments: