Thursday, April 3, 2008

More Autobiography. . .

Yesterday we were taught how to make two forms. We were also taught how to create a textbox on both forms and when we typed something into the first forms and then clicked the command button to get to the second form it would still be there. This was called 'magic'. We were told that we are not allowed to use two forms on our autobiography assignment. At first I was bummed because I had really wanted to apply this concept to my assignment but if you read on you will know now why I am happy that we are sticking to a simple assignment.

Today I took the pictures that I had found before and added them onto my form but when I tried to save the computer kept on freezing up. The teacher wasn't there so I didn't have anyone to ask. So what I had to do was after each command button I made or image I inserted I had to save. At one point the program shut down and when I opened it back up all of my command buttons were gone and my images were distorted. This is why I am happy that we are sticking to a simple assignment because if we weren't I would have to redo alot more. I will have to find out what to do about this problem tomorrow.

Hopefully my Visual Basic problem will be solved tomorrow because I would really like to keep creating and adding new controls without having to constantly worry and then wait to see if it will save properly.

Stay tuned!

No comments: