Monday, April 7, 2008

Finishing Family Assignment

Today we were given time to work on our family assignments. Our teacher had managed to call the board and fix the slow computer problem. . . and even though Youtube and other websites are blocked I am glad because now I don't have to worry about my program freezing or not saving.

For the third time in a row I had forgotten to bring some pictures for the assignment from home so today I just focussed on making sure that all of the controls were working properly. I also filled in what text I what to come up when a certain command button or in my case image is clicked.

At the moment I like this program (Visual Basic) better than Flash because it is not as repetative, more programming is involved and I can see where this program might be used in my everyday life. In Flash I always had to apply the same command to many items but in VB each may or may not have the same command but most of the time there is no need to rewrite the command I just have to copy and paste it. VB also has more thinking invovled because you need to remember what each item was called and the type of action that you want it to be associated with.

That's all for now folks! Stay tuned for more. . .

No comments: