Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Braves Pizza

On Friday after the lesson and some review our teacher gave us a hint about the upcoming quiz/test. He had showed us one of the assignments that we must be able to recreate using the new concepts learned that day. While other classmates rushed to game sites Emily and I decided to tackle this clue in hopes that it would help us on the test.

In this assignment a person would be able to enter their name, choose size, type and quantity of pizza and then the computer would calculate the taxes and the total price.

One of the longest things about this pizza project was drawing and naming all of the labels, commands and text boxes. After that we only ran into a few problems such as we couldn't find out how to make the prices of certain things come up in the labels. But gladly after hammering at it for most of the period we both got it.

Walking into class the following Mondy we both were glad that we had attempted that assignment as it was the same question on the test. Before when it had taken me most of the period it only took me half. I was very happy that I had decided to take my teacher's advice and attempt that problem because today we received our marks for that test. I had only lost one mark on multiple choice but I had gotten 100% on the Braves Pizza part.

Remember. . . when your teacher says something might be on the test, chances are it probably would be or there will be a very similar question.

No comments: