Thursday, April 17, 2008

Problems. . . What Problems?

Yesterday we worked on the back of a previous worksheet about mathematical formulas in computer programming. We had a short review of how to enter a mathematical formula such as 4-3 into a computer program properly. We were also taught how to use message boxes and input boxes. After a few examples we were put out on our own to try the next five problems that would be checked for homework the following day.

I realized that when we were doing Flash and being taught a new concept we didn't have to be paying attention to the teacher as sooner or later we would understand it. In VB it is much different because if you missed just one thing because you were talking you miss a lot more than you thought you would. Thankfully I have mastered the skill of being able to look at my own screen whild watching the teacher demonstrate the same thing I am trying out on my computer.

Because I have been paying attention in class I was able to finish the five problems within a matter of minutes with Emily. These problems were not very difficult but they just required a lot of concentration and applying of the things we had been taught. Most of these examples were also repetative in what way you would program them but the only difference what the information it displayed. Such as one was calcuated the commision percentage of a store employee whild the other calcualted the taxes, gross pay and total pay of an employee. In a nutshell both Emily and I believed that these problems were no problems at all.

But I still hope to get more like these as we learn new things because through these problems we can apply the things we had been taught to real life situations. This is probably what I like most about VB that you are able to apply many of the things taught to real life problems.

Read more soon. . .!

No comments: